NW-25: NASHVILLE, DAVIDSON COUNTY, TN
Original location. In the vicinity of present day 4200 Delaware Avenue.
Historical information sent by Sarah Foster Kelley to Fletch Coke, June 26, 2000.
In the 1830s, Dr. Peyton Robertson’s Italianate styled mansion was called "Bellfield". In 1859, the property was sold out of the Robertson family. Following several private owners, the house became the West Nashville Hotel and in the 1900s served as the Tennessee Baptist Orphanage. The house was torn down in the 1960s. According to Sarah Foster Kelley, Dr. Robertson died on September 17, 1840, and was buried in the family cemetery. His son, James, died July 24, 1846. His widow, Ellen Robertson, died on May 5, 1874.
Cemetery removed. Fletch Coke checked the microfilm of Mt. Olivet Cemetery interment records at the Metro Archives on January 22, 2002.
Mt. Olivet interment records: April 5, 1860. Lot 24, Section 2
Robertson, Dr. Peyton (53) Congestive fever
Robertson, Peyton, Jr. (18) Consumption
Robertson, Alex C. (23) Yellow Fever
All buried on the same date indicating re-interment.
Mt. Olivet Interment records. May 6, 1874. Lot 24, Section 2
Robertson, Mrs. Ellen M. (70) Consumption