Home‎ > ‎Cemeteries V-Z‎ > ‎

Watkins, Wm. E., Sr. (Removed) Cemetery

Original Location. In the present-day area of 6806 Charlotte Pike, according to historical information sent by Sarah Foster Kelley, to Fletch Coke, on June 26, 2000, "Old Hickory" was the 1000 acre farm owned by William Evans Watkins, Sr. The property remained in the Watkins family until purchased in 1930 by John W. Napier. A portion of the land was later sold for the Charlotte Park subdivision and the shopping center at Old Hickory Blvd and Charlotte Pike.
Cemetery Removed. William E. Watkins and his second wife Matilda (Hewitt) Watkins died within five years of each other, in 1863 and 1868. They were buried in the family cemetery. According to Sarah Foster Kelley, the graves were relocated to Mt. Olivet Cemetery in 1908.
Persons with additional information, please return to the Home Page, click-on "Report a Cemetery" and send an email.
Report. 10-10-2003