CONE CEMETERY

          CONE CEMETERY (REMOVED)
                      (PRIOR TO PERCY PRIEST LAKE & DAM CONSTRUCTION)
 
PP-97:  NASHVILLE, DAVIDSON COUNTY, TN.   Relocated in 1966.
 
U. S. Corps of Engineers removed the Cone Cemetery (#97), Davidson County, prior to the construction of Percy Priest Lake and Dam.  Re-interments took place at Mt. Juliet Cemetery, Wilson County, TN.,  in Section R,  with the exception of one, listed below, removed to Spring Hill Cemetery.  Corps recorded the following names and death dates:
 
Chadwell, Bessie L.  1959
Gray, Willie Lee.  1954
Gray, Joe O’Neal. 1957
Gray, Pirl.  1920
Cone, Lesley.  1918
Cone, Hilary.  1910
Cone, Lulah.  1902
Cone, Katie.  1896
Cone, B. F.  1938
Cone, Ellar.  1944
Cone, Mary.  1924
Starkley, Maggie.  1962
Cone.  No date
Cone.  No date.
Cone, J. W.  1922
Cone, Eli.  1929
Cone, Jessie.  1933
Cone, Frank.  No date.  (Removed to Spring Hill Cemetery)
 
Original location of the Cone Cemetery may be found on www.topozone.com/viewmaps.asp   
(Available in 2004)
 
For additional historical information on the Percy Priest Dam and Lake Project, click-on “Percy Priest. Cemeteries Removed”                                                       

Report.  4-30-2004
Comments